Re: Gnome 2.0 Localization for Solaris

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Damien Donlon wrote:

> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
>
> indicates the following coordinators :
>
> de         Matthias Warkus
> es         Manuel de Vega Barreiro/Germán Poo Caamaño
> it         Christopher Gabriel
> fr         Christophe Merlet
> pt_BR      Jorge Godoy
> ja         Yukihiro Nakai
> zh_CN      Wang Jian
> zh_TW      Abel Cheung
> ko         Noh Woo Kyong
> pl         Zbigniew Chyla
> sv         Christian Rose
>
> Is it accurate?

For ja, zh_CN, zh_TW and sv, pretty sure it's correct.

However, for zh_TW, I'd want to voice my opinion here.
I'm the maintainer for zh_TW team, and as same as
other team maintainers possibly think, I'd like to
have full cooperation with Sun representative here,
and not to mess up with each other's work.

For now, any translation other than UI translation for
zh_TW is close to zero, so documentation is more than
welcome. However, UI translation is under progress here,
and zh_TW team members (including me) are updating them,
in order to make sure it will be done before Gnome 2.0
is officially released. So I'd beg Sun translators start
with documents and unhandled UI translation first.

Sometimes, documents and UI translations need to be in
sync, so corrections are much appreciated too.

Abel Cheung

--
GPG Key: (0xC67186FF) http://deaddog.org/gpg.asc