Re: Gnome 2.0 Localization for Solaris

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 03:31:24PM +0000, Damien Donlon wrote:
> Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
> >
> > On 2002.03.20 19:32 Damien Donlon wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > > Myself and a few others are working out the details of
> > > the localization plan for Gnome 2.0 on Solaris. Currently
> > > the plan is to do translation for all software to be included
> > > in the Gnome 2.0 Solaris release which has not already been
> > > completed by other members of the community. We will also
> > > be doing translation for the documentation and help content
> > > being provided by Sun. So far, the language list is as follows :
> >
> > Nice!
> >
> > > We are investigating the possibility of doing some additional
> > > languages but these haven't been confirmed yet. All translations will
> > > eventually go back into the community CVS tree.
> >
> > I would vote for Danish as we are pretty well supported already with
> > exception
> > of documentation.
>
> Sorry but I don't think Danish is being considered at this point. As far
> as I know the languages are Hindi, Arabic, Hebrew. Ultimately, the
> decision on which languages will be translated is out of my hands but
> I will let the alias know when I have definite news on this.

Sorry, then. If Danish is not supported I would not like to
cooperate with Sun on administrative things for Gnome, and
I urge other Gnome people to also refrain from cooperating with Sun.
Please understand that this is a cooperative effort based on
voluntary work, and I find people that are specifically excluding
Danish support to be not worth any help.

Best regards
Keld Simonsen