Re: [Fwd: Sun - Group 2 translations]

El lun, 24-06-2002 a las 18:23, Damien Donlon escribió:

> Hi All,
> We pulled group2 translations for Sun's Gnome 2 translation work
> last Wednesday. Apologies for the slighty late notice. We are
> translating (this has changed since our original translation proposal) :
>
> bonobo-activation
> libbonoboui
> metacity
> eel
> gnome-vfs
> libgnome
> eog
> libgnomecanvas
> gconf
> libbonobo
> libgnomeui
> yelp
>
> Into the following languages :
> fr de it es pt_BR sv pl ru ko zh_CN zh_TW ja
>
> If possible please work on other modules in the meantime for these languages.

I was talking with your spanish translators about it. We have all those
modules translated 100% now, so, Will they do review tasks?

> We were going to do gnome-i18n/extra-po/xscreensaver on this round
> too but the wordcounts are very high. Is this because folks haven't moved
> their translations out of xscreensaver/po and into gnome-i18n yet?

All translations were merged (I did that), the problem is that
xscreensaver has recent i18n support lots of strings comes from the
gnome-control-center module for GNOME 1.4 but they changed.

> All .pot files and updated po's for the translation were generated from the
> HEAD.  We expect to have these back in to Gnome CVS on Mon, July 8.

Hummm. I think that perhaps you don't have latest translations because
we (the spanish team) are working on gnome 2.0 branches. I don't think
it could be a problem because we had 100% translated before the branchs
so you will lose only latest strings additions/changes but next time,
IMHO, I think yous should get the .pot files from status pages
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/)

Cheers.

P.S.: Is it possible to get the translations when a team finish them? I
mean, your Spanish team told me that they finished the first group some
sooner than you give them to us. I suppose that you were waiting for the
other teams but this way all us had problems (lack of time) to integrate
SUN's translations. If you give us them as soon as they are finished we
have more time to integrate them (for example, our team had all
translations finished, before we got your .po files).