Re: xscreensaver translations

El lun, 24-06-2002 a las 19:11, Christian Rose escribió:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Damien Donlon wrote:
> > We were going to do gnome-i18n/extra-po/xscreensaver on this round
> > too but the wordcounts are very high. Is this because folks haven't moved
> > their translations out of xscreensaver/po and into gnome-i18n yet?
>
> Possibly. There are a lot of po files that haven't been moved; from a
> quick look it seems to be ca, de, fi, fr, hu, it, pl, pt_BR, ru, uk, and
> wa. Their maintainers haven't moved these files yet.
>
> But, defending those translators, I don't see why all po files weren't
> moved in the first place -- relying on translation maintainers to move
> their translations seems to be a recipe for disaster, since we all know
> that it can be difficult at times to reach the responsible persons.
>
> Had all po files been moved at once, the old ones in the xscreensaver
> module could simply have been removed at the same time. That would also be
> more effective against people accidentally committing translation updates
> and new translations there in the xscreensaver module instead of the
> proper place in gnome-i18n/extra-po.
>
> So what was the rationale behind not moving all the po files? I'm curious
> since I want to do this right away, and nuke the ones in the xscreensaver
> module, if there was no particular reason for keeping them there.

All .po files WITH translations were moved, if you look at those .po
files that were not moved you will see that they don't have any
translations so Why should I move them?

I don't see useful add a .po file that it's not beeing mantained and
that only have 1 translated string or 1 fuzzy string. I don't think that
jwz wants to add those empty files in xscreensaver package they are only
wasting bytes.

Those were the .po files with useful translations:

2002-06-06  Carlos Perello Marin <carlos@gnome-db.org>

        * es.po,nl.po,no.po,pt.po,sk.po,zh_CN.po: Added from
xscreensaver
        module.
        * xscreensaver.pot: Added from latest release (4.04.2).
        * INFO: Added info about this module.

Cheers.