Re: Translating DocBook files

>From my translating experience, this is not too useful. When translating,
often  you have to move things around - and it means you have to move  DocBook
tags, too. You can't translate word-for-word - or  even tag-for-tag.   Anyway,
I always find it easier to translate the text as a whole, not as a sequence of
independent pieces - and a  .po file is exactly a sequence of independent
bits.  So I just used my favorite text editor (emacs) using split view: in one
buffer the original English document, in the other buffer the translation. In
the beginning the second one is just a copy of the original but then I start
replacing English with Russian.

Sasha