Re: Translating DocBook files
- From: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- To: John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net>
- Cc: Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au>,gnome-doc-list <gnome-doc-list gnome org>, gnome-i18n gnome org,Kang Jeong-Hee <Keizi mail co kr>
- Subject: Re: Translating DocBook files
- Date: 09 Aug 2002 01:13:48 -0400
John Fleck <email@example.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 16:17, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > I have had a request from a gentleman in Korea who wishes to translate
> > the GNOME porting guide for a project he is doing.
> > How do people normally go about translating DocBook format documents at
> > the moment? I seem to remember some discussion about a year ago about
> > developing tools to extract out the relevant portions into .po files so
> > that translators could just go at it with their normal methods. Did
> > anything come of this?
> > Hopefully somebody on one of this lists can either offer some pointers
> > to appropraite techniques (hello Sun??), or just tell me that it all has
> > to be done manually.
> Jonathan Blandford and Daniel Veillard whipped a tool to do the .po
> thing last fall, though Jonathan sez it wasn't ever really tested:
This could be really useful, though I think it may need some more love.
I'd love to see our docs fully translated.
] [Thread Prev