Re: Translating DocBook files

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 16:17, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> I have had a request from a gentleman in Korea who wishes to translate
> the GNOME porting guide for a project he is doing.
>
> How do people normally go about translating DocBook format documents at
> the moment? I seem to remember some discussion about a year ago about
> developing tools to extract out the relevant portions into .po files so
> that translators could just go at it with their normal methods. Did
> anything come of this?
>
> Hopefully somebody on one of this lists can either offer some pointers
> to appropraite techniques (hello Sun??), or just tell me that it all has
> to be done manually.

Jonathan Blandford and Daniel Veillard whipped a tool to do the .po
thing last fall, though Jonathan sez it wasn't ever really tested:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2001-October/msg00030.html

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
jfleck@inkstain.net (h) jfleck@abqjournal.com (w)

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead