Re: The translator credits

Pablo Saratxaga <pablo mandrakesoft com> writes:

> I think the Last-Traslator would be a better place, IMHO.

Zwerge auf den Schultern der Riesen (approx.: nomes on the shoulders of
giants) ;)

> (note also that several po files have no email adresse on Language-Team)

They have to -- if there's no language team, the last translator might
add his address as the Language-Team address.

> Also; all names that use a non ascii letter in their native scripts
> must be "translatable"; even for programmers etc.

That a good remark.  The headers lines are considerd to be encoded like
the line in mail messages -- no 8 bit characters are allowed here
(msgfmt doesn't check it, though...).  Unfortunately, the PO file format
definition is a little bit hidden.

> So if someone whose name is normally written in Arabic is listed in
> the credits, then his name should show in Arabic for the Arabic
> translation.

Yes, but concerning the header lines, please Mime encode it.  The about
box (or something) should display the names decoded.

I hope this helps.

--
work : ke suse de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,