Re: New suites vs. common release cycle [Was: Productivity suite]

<quote who="Christian Rose">

> > We're not really going in the opposite direction, because there will
> > still be the beautifully integrated and coherent Desktop "product".
> > However, we'll create more opportunities for projects to identify
> > themselves with GNOME, be *part* of GNOME, and join the GNOME release
> > process without a lot of hassle.
>
> So we will allow more projects to call themselves "GNOME", without
> actually being GNOME?

Essentially, yes.

> Which brings us to another issue. When and how was it decided that Abiword
> should be included in the productivity suite? It's already listed as
> "included", although I've seen no public discussion (or even consensus)
> about it.

Nor has there been a lot of discussion/consensus about the productivity
suite -> I think Vincent was very keen and just created it straight away. :)

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2005: August 1st-5th         http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/

     "On Tuesday I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with Zack and two
             ladies whom I presume are gracious." - Seth Schoen