Re: TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.11.3 Development Release

<quote who="Martin Sevior">

> http://www.abisource.com/downloads/abiword/2/3.1/abiword-2.3.1.tar.gz

Can abiword be uploaded to GNOME FTP as part of your normal release process?
This will help us track your releases and get things right when we make the
GNOME aggregate releases.

> We will make available the latest version of AbiWord-2.4 for the
> GNOME-2.12 release.

So, we're going to have to work out how to handle off-site hosted projects
as part of the aggregate GNOME releases. This is something I've committed to
work on as part of broadening the scope of the release process, but it's
going to be difficult, because we've had the luxury of making sure that all
projects involved so far [1] have been hosted in GNOME CVS, FTP, bugzilla,
etc. But we want to involve projects in the release process that *aren't*
fully hosted with GNOME, and that's going to take quite a bit of figuring
out.

But this is just a long way of saying, "Welcome aboard, we hope you enjoy
your flight. Please keep your seatbelt fastened at all times, as we will be
experiencing high turbulence during this flight. Vodka and orange, sir?"

:-)

- Jeff

[1] except GtkPerl, and it has come with all kinds of new problems to solve

--
OSCON 2005: August 1st-5th         http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/

   "The existance of 'someone' is a common myth in volunteer projects." -
                               Mary Gardiner