Re: Icon love

El vie, 18-01-2002 a las 16:45, Tuomas Kuosmanen escribió:
> On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 17:03, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
>     yes, but then you need a set of icons for each locale, which is a lot of
>     work. It is better, IMO, what tigert suggested, which is to just use 'A'
>     for all those icons.
>
> Yep, or test both B - I - U and A - A - A versions with a small group of
> users. It is definitely more confusing to change the icons depending on
> which locale you happen to be using today.
>
> In commercial software you get a localized version of the app when you
> pay roughly 1/3th of the price extra, and it is only the localized
> version. With free software you get all those localizations at once and
> it is easy to change languages on login.
>
> Also, it will probably be very lovely for the documentation writers to
> do 44 different screenshots of applications (the current number of
> translations) - so if we really think this is a big issue, we definitely
> will go with the A - A - A way. Lets not get silly :-)

Well, the documentation writers only do the english documentation, then,
the documentation translators do the screenshots with his/her locale,
the menu strings changes ;-)

I think that you are right, we should do a test with a small group of
users but please, all users should not be english people ;-)

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
mailto:carlos gnome-db org