Re: Icon love

El vie, 18-01-2002 a las 07:01, Tuomas Kuosmanen escribió:
> Hello friends of the red pointy hat.
>
> We have been busy at Ximian. I and Jimmac have been doing a remake of
> the original stock icons I did years ago. I started to feel they might
> need some work and some facelifting :-)
>
> So here we have a new set of stock icons for GNOME2, fully antialiased
> and with separate 16x16 versions for menus (good bye smoothed,
> unreadable menu icons..)
>
> Have a look here:
>
> 	http://primates.ximian.com/~tigert/new_stock_project/

Really cool!!!!

Thanks!!

> I put those on the website for everyone to see, I am especially
> interested in hearing constructive comments from the people who are
> seriously involved in the usability team.

What will be really good is if you could do (or let us the source to do
it) the l10n of text bold, text italic and text underline, for example,
in spanish should be "N" (bold), "I" (italic) and "S" (underline)

I suppose that we should modify the applications to be able to use a
icon depending on our locale...

> Also note that we might miss some icons. I really wish we had a list of
> stock icons defined as a standard, so app developers can count on having
> them around. If anyone knows of something like that for some programming
> toolkit out there that we could study a bit to see if we are missing
> something, let me know. It is much easier to compare our set against
> such thing than trying to think what on earth we are missing..

Could you update also the glade icons?

Thank you.

> Also, I want to get these to GNOME CVS, it would be nice if the person
> who maintains the relevant corner of GNOME would contact me so we can
> arrange a commit. I have write access to CVS so just let me know where
> to put them.
>
> I also put MIME icons on that page. We did those for the Ximian nautilus
> themes, ideally these would be placed in gnome-vfs so all apps could see
> them.
>
> Anyway, have a nice day etc..
>
> Tuomas

Really a good work boys ;-)