Re: Icon love

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 17:03, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
yes, but then you need a set of icons for each locale, which is a lot of
work. It is better, IMO, what tigert suggested, which is to just use 'A'
for all those icons.
Yep, or test both B - I - U and A - A - A versions with a small group of users. It is definitely more confusing to change the icons depending on which locale you happen to be using today.

In commercial software you get a localized version of the app when you pay roughly 1/3th of the price extra, and it is only the localized version. With free software you get all those localizations at once and it is easy to change languages on login.

Also, it will probably be very lovely for the documentation writers to do 44 different screenshots of applications (the current number of translations) - so if we really think this is a big issue, we definitely will go with the A - A - A way. Lets not get silly :-)

Tuomas
Tuomas Kuosmanen    Art Director    Ximian, Inc.
tigert ximian com    www.ximian.com