Icon love

Hello friends of the red pointy hat.

We have been busy at Ximian. I and Jimmac have been doing a remake of
the original stock icons I did years ago. I started to feel they might
need some work and some facelifting :-)

So here we have a new set of stock icons for GNOME2, fully antialiased
and with separate 16x16 versions for menus (good bye smoothed,
unreadable menu icons..)

Have a look here:

	http://primates.ximian.com/~tigert/new_stock_project/

I put those on the website for everyone to see, I am especially
interested in hearing constructive comments from the people who are
seriously involved in the usability team.

Also note that we might miss some icons. I really wish we had a list of
stock icons defined as a standard, so app developers can count on having
them around. If anyone knows of something like that for some programming
toolkit out there that we could study a bit to see if we are missing
something, let me know. It is much easier to compare our set against
such thing than trying to think what on earth we are missing..

Also, I want to get these to GNOME CVS, it would be nice if the person
who maintains the relevant corner of GNOME would contact me so we can
arrange a commit. I have write access to CVS so just let me know where
to put them.

I also put MIME icons on that page. We did those for the Ximian nautilus
themes, ideally these would be placed in gnome-vfs so all apps could see
them.

Anyway, have a nice day etc..

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::