Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

Jason Leach wrote:

> I've been going through the bugs.gnome.org gnome-core and
> gnome-applets, and I can tell you there is an enormous influx of
> deskguide_applet crashes, mainly since 1.2.2.1, and overall I've
> noticed:

Yes, I've been getting deskguide crashes as well that are pretty well described by
the below, but I haven't submitted any bug reports yet for two reasons (1.
bug-buddy only seems to support a sendmail interface, and I don't have that
configured--it sure would be nice if bug-buddy would support SMTP directly, 2. Lack
of time to track down the problem for a good bug report since it only happens a few
times a week, and I don't know how to cause it).

>   1. The crash seems random, but looks like it might be related to
>      opening new windows and/or closing windows.

When it crashes for me, it happens right after an application (Evolution does it a
lot) "suddenly" displays a new window.

>   2. The stack trace for 90% of these point to one culprit:
>      gwm_thumb_nail_update_drawable()

I recently turned thumbnails off, so we'll see if this helps.  Incidentally, on my
system, having this on takes up a tremendous amount of CPU--about 20-30% on a PPro
200.  This really sucks.

>   4. For the people whom it is crashing for, it is crashing repeatedly
>      ("third time this week", "every 30 minutes to 3 hours", etc)

About once a week on average for me, sometimes more often.

>   5. I've seen reports about these deskguide_applet crashes with
>      enlightnement and sawfish, so I don't think it's isolated
>      strictly to sawfish.

I'm using Icewm.

Dan