Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Dan Hensley wrote:

> >   2. The stack trace for 90% of these point to one culprit:
> >      gwm_thumb_nail_update_drawable()
>
> I recently turned thumbnails off, so we'll see if this helps.  Incidentally, on my
> system, having this on takes up a tremendous amount of CPU--about 20-30% on a PPro
> 200.  This really sucks.

it will help, the crash is in the thumbnailing code and i couldn't
easily locate it yet (mostly because i can't spend too much time on deskguide
currently).
as for the CPU usage, that is adjustable by setting the incremental update
delay in the properties dialog, the default setting is meant to leave
users with a usable system even if they have slow CPUs.

> >   4. For the people whom it is crashing for, it is crashing repeatedly
> >      ("third time this week", "every 30 minutes to 3 hours", etc)
>
> About once a week on average for me, sometimes more often.

it's a wierd race with window destruction, so occourance may vary between
randomly and frequently ;)

> >   5. I've seen reports about these deskguide_applet crashes with
> >      enlightnement and sawfish, so I don't think it's isolated
> >      strictly to sawfish.
>
> I'm using Icewm.

i've no indication that this could be window manager dependant.

> Dan

---
ciaoTJ