Re: Bugzilla outstanding issues

[Hack-of-the-week suggestion: Make the mailing list archives include the
 just reading the archives]

Replying to all of you in one batch after reading over the mailing list
archives ....

Maciej, maybe you misunderstood this, there is no real "plan" yet, I just
wanted to start a discussion about this issues now. So if you don't like
anything at the current "setup" let's talk about it.

Havoc, yes, I can write such a draft proposal when I'm back from Munich
(Wednesday, but depends on how long my university homework will take).

Maciej, I think it's very useful to have these aliases, but since you can
set the default owner on a per-project/per-component basis you can of
course also set individuals there (and if there is no nautilus/MAINTAINERS
in CVS there also won't be a nautilus-maint gnome org alias (with the
current, bugs.gnome.org, setup)).

Christoper, I think for many of our users a tool like bug-buddy which
helps them to create a stack trace and a list of currently installed
packages is really useful and essential. Many of our bug reporters are
native users who can't create such things without a tool "by hand". But
telling them that reporting a bug is a means of communication and not
a means of "complaining" is really a good idea.

Ok, that's it for the moment, off to Munich ....

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)