Re: Questions

"Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero" wrote:

> jamess1 wwnet com (2001-05-22 at 1649.44 -0400):
> > Natural language interfaces would most likely do different higher level
> > things, rather than being a replacement for the CLI. Consider the query
> > "Find me recipies for Indian curry dishes containing potatoes." you
> > wouldn't want to use a CLI to find this. Conversly you wouldn't want do
>
> Damn, then why did I took a course about SQL? I have forgot it mostly
> due lack of use, but it was something like that. ;]

The info could probaly be stored and retreived from a SQL database, but
the query would be much more complex in the SQL language.

> And I guess some people will be able to do some sh magic if the
> recipes are in files.

I'll have to teach my Mom how to do sh sometime. ;)

> > very precise operations (done now with a CLI) using a natural language
> > interface.
>
> It will another option. If the user wants, why not.

Another option with very limited resources (i.e. volenteer programmers).

> Can we go back to what we really have?

Natural language systems exist now in the present, it's really not as
far out as you might expect. I'd agree this a bit off-topic for a Gnome
list.

Mark