Re: Questions

> jwhite sonic net (2001-05-21 at 1830.20 -0700):
> > graphics or multi-media production on a command line, but why can a lot
> > of people get certain kinds of work done more quickly at a command line
> > if they're used to it than in a GUI?
>
> Seriously, change the cryptic CLI shells to a natural languaje one and
> make it smarter (artificial inteligence), and you get what people will
> be able to use quickly cos it will be like giving orders to another
> person, but machine based so it is targeted at repetitive and boring
> tasks: "Machine, process my mail, do a resume of it and also show me
> titles of all work messages" (and that via voice or keyboard, whatever
> user wants / can).

If you ever do that to my CLI, I'll personally ask it to "mail bomb the guy
who wrote this code" :-)

My CLI is fast because its commands are short and terse and pipeable.  Did
you ever work with (or know someone who worked with) AutoCAD with dual
monitors?  It was wonderful to type in the commands to build objects quickly
and easily and have them appear on screen.