Re: request to federico

>  I'm not sure what you mean by "non-issue". is it obvious that in this case
>  the whole program should use only one language, or is it obvious that
>  nevertheless menus and dialogs should be internationalized?
>
>  what about programs like lyx where you can set the document language? should
>  the menus follow? probably not, but then there's the consistency thing.

OK, let me clarify.

The language in which the program's strings (menu items, labels, etc.)
are displayed is completely unrelated to the language the user may
choose to write his documents in.

I may want my word processor to display its strings in Spanish (since
I am a native Spanish speaker), but I may want to write a document in
German (because I take (or used to take) German classes).

In your specific situation, your program is designed to output English
text ("the document").  That is fine.  However, it should still allow
its UI-related strings to be in other languages -- the program's
documentation should make it explicit that its generated output can
only be in English.

  Federico