Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME Panel improvements

3. Simplify Adwaita style. This brings a more traditional look and
feel for the panel with support for light and dark theme variants,
and
also for the HighContrast theme. The style is as minimal as
possible,
and reuses theme colors.

How to test dark theme variant?

Is this how it used to look by default? We don't need it as minimal
as
possible, but to look like nothing has changed. I am ubuntu user and
have
only used Ambiance theme so I don't know it should look.

If we are going to leave borders on tasklist buttons than I would say
that
we need at least few pixels space around it.

I updated the patch with a small fix (attached).

You can test the dark theme variant by setting
'gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=1' in file
'~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini'. You can do this also from the
gnome-tweak-tool. It works only with themes that support dark theme
variant.

You can see some screenshots about the default look of GNOME Panel
with my patches here:
- Adwaita - http://pkgbuild.com/~bgyorgy/images/Adwaita.png
- Adwaita dark variant -
http://pkgbuild.com/~bgyorgy/images/Adwaita-dark.png
- HighContrast - http://pkgbuild.com/~bgyorgy/images/HighContrast.png

And I agree that we need to add a few pixels between tasklist buttons,
but I don't know how to do this.

Thanks for info. Ok, I will accept this patch. But I am going to remove
border from buttons and I will rename Adwaita.css to gnome-panel.css as
it
is used with other theme too.

Okay, but the style does not work correctly, when the theme does not
define the following variables:
@theme_unfocused_bg_color;
@theme_unfocused_fg_color;
@theme_selected_bg_color;
@theme_selected_fg_color;

I don't know if it's possible to specify fallback colors.

Does not work correctly? Which theme?

I meant that it works correctly with the currently enabled themes, but
may not work with other themes. So it's OK now.

--
György Balló
Arch Linux Trusted User