Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME Panel improvements

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Balló György <ballogyor gmail com> wrote:

>> > Are you sure it was not made so it can be unselected?
>> >
>> > Anyway I would do it differently:
>> > 1) It should use radio items not check. Radio buttons are designed for
>> > this
>> > kind of task.
>> > 2) I would connect to toggled signal not activate. We are interested
>> > only if
>> > presence has changed so this signal looks better.
>> >
>> > I attached my variant. What do you think?
>>
>> I'm sure that my patch works, but your implementation is better, so I
>> prefer your variant.
>

> I did not say that your patch does not work. It works, I tested it. :) I
> want to know if ability to unselected presence was not specially made. Is
> there bug report or something about this?

Oh, I understand now. I think it's a bug if a radio button is
unselectable. But it's possible that something else is broken, because
if I set my presence in Empaty, it's not updated on the panel. I'm not
sure how it supposed to work.

I will test.

>> > How to test dark theme variant?
>> >
>> > Is this how it used to look by default? We don't need it as minimal as
>> > possible, but to look like nothing has changed. I am ubuntu user and I
>> > have
>> > only used Ambiance theme so I don't know it should look.
>> >
>> > If we are going to leave borders on tasklist buttons than I would say
>> > that
>> > we need at least few pixels space around it.
>>
>> I updated the patch with a small fix (attached).
>>
>> You can test the dark theme variant by setting
>> 'gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=1' in file
>> '~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini'. You can do this also from the
>> gnome-tweak-tool. It works only with themes that support dark theme
>> variant.
>>
>> You can see some screenshots about the default look of GNOME Panel
>> with my patches here:
>> - Adwaita - http://pkgbuild.com/~bgyorgy/images/Adwaita.png
>> - Adwaita dark variant -
>> http://pkgbuild.com/~bgyorgy/images/Adwaita-dark.png
>> - HighContrast - http://pkgbuild.com/~bgyorgy/images/HighContrast.png
>>
>> And I agree that we need to add a few pixels between tasklist buttons,
>> but I don't know how to do this.
>

> Thanks for info. Ok, I will accept this patch. But I am going to remove
> border from buttons and I will rename Adwaita.css to gnome-panel.css as it
> is used with other theme too.

Okay, but the style does not work correctly, when the theme does not
define the following variables:
@theme_unfocused_bg_color;
@theme_unfocused_fg_color;
@theme_selected_bg_color;
@theme_selected_fg_color;

I don't know if it's possible to specify fallback colors.

Does not work correctly? Which theme?