Re: [gnome-flashback] Metacity

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Tested, it works. Thanks!

Are you using it all time now?

Not all time as I have multiple working machines, but on one of them — yes.

Why did you bump the library major version? I don't see any removed
symbols, and there is only one added symbol
(meta_frame_borders_clear). I think you should bump the middle number
in the version instead (and it'll increase the chance for it to get
into Debian Jessie).

For example meta_theme_get_frame_borders (used by compiz) have changed
parameters
(https://git.gnome.org/browse/metacity/diff/src/ui/theme.h?id=72224a165fd7daa175039d9cbbd1f813f50996fa).

If I understand correctly then this is case when I should change first
number.

Yes, you are right of course. (I'm working with C++ libraries too
much, there functions with different signatures have different symbols
names).

Does anyone know if someone is actually using metacity-theme-viewer?
Currently it looks "broken". If it is unused or almost unused I am
thinking about removing it rather than trying to fix it.

How is it broken? I think it does its job well (able to show how
decorations of various themes will look like).

Also, it is not intended for general users, but rather theme developers.

And +1 for Balló's suggestion. In my case, the situation is opposite
(I use dark theme for all Gtk 3 apps, but Gtk 2 apps have light theme
and dark decoration), but merging that code from mutter will make it
better for me as well.