Re: [gnome-flashback] Metacity

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
> I have updated metacity, but before making release I would like that it is
> tested by someone else too.

Tested, it works. Thanks!

Are you using it all time now?

> Changes:
> 1) Metacity theme version is updated to 3.5. It should load themes without
> any problems.
> 2) Fully maximized windows will not have shadows.
> 3) Added support for _GTK_FRAME_EXTENTS.
> 4) Fixed some deprecated warnings.

Why did you bump the library major version? I don't see any removed
symbols, and there is only one added symbol
(meta_frame_borders_clear). I think you should bump the middle number
in the version instead (and it'll increase the chance for it to get
into Debian Jessie).

For example meta_theme_get_frame_borders (used by compiz) have changed parameters (https://git.gnome.org/browse/metacity/diff/src/ui/theme.h?id=72224a165fd7daa175039d9cbbd1f813f50996fa).

If I understand correctly then this is case when I should change first number.

> Is there something else that should definitely go in 3.14?
>
> Does anyone know if someone is actually using metacity-theme-viewer?
> Currently it looks "broken". If it is unused or almost unused I am thinking
> about removing it rather than trying to fix it.
>
> Compiz will require small fix to work with 3.14.

Which one?

meta_theme_get_frame_borders changed parameters. After making release I will create new branch with fix for it.

Thanks again for all your work on Metacity.