Re: [gnome-flashback] State of Gnome Flashback

Hi All,

Am 25.05.2014 17:37, schrieb Lanoxx:
The following points are mostly my thoughts about gnome-panel itself. I
do not really know anything about gnome-settings-deamon and the issues
that come with it. Not what the problems are and how to solve them.
Maybe Dmitry can shed some light on this?

# Gnome Panel

I would suggest to make a release and version it 3.8.1. I agree with
Dmitry, there are currently only bug fixes in git. I just build master
on my notebook with Ubuntu 13.10 and gtk+3.8 and it builds well. I just
talked with Alberts an he agrees.
See my comments on ABI stability in my mail reply to Dmitry just now.

[...]

Then we could bump libpanel-applet API to version 5 and merge Alberts
gconf patches.
Were those the only patches affected ? I recall something else that had
already landed. Can somebody run a symbol breakage test ? Otherwise I'll
have to investigate myself, but it will take me a few days to get to it.

P.S: Philipp could you increase the mail sending size of this mailing
list to more than 40kb?
Outside of my control; please file a bug with the gnome listmasters. The
gnome wiki will have more information.

Cheers
  Philipp

--