Re: [gnome-flashback] flashback

Hi Dmitry!

1) gnome-panel still in -proposed....

2) Today I decided to try use gnome-panel with mutter. Now I have question - is it possible to add one more session (GNOME Flashback (Mutter)), but only if mutter is installed.

One more idea - maybe we should create two extra packages if it is possible.
* gnome-session-flashback - should provide default session [Gnome Flashback (Metacity)] and should depend on metacity
* gnome-session-flashback-compiz - should provide session for compiz [Gnome Flashback (Compiz)] and should depend on compiz
* gnome-session-flashback-mutter - should provide session for mutter [Gnome Flashback (Mutter)] and should depend on mutter.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
> Dmitry:
> How long 3.8 will stay in proposed? I am not using proposed on my main
> install, but today installed trusty in virtualbox to test flashback session.

Should migrate within a day (it got blocked by evolution-data-server
transition).

> Enabled proposed. After upgrade I was able to login in both sessions -
> flashback with metacity and flashback with compiz.

Please disable -proposed. If something is not in -release, it will
most probably break your system.

> Only session names seems too long for lightdm. Maybe session names can be
> GNOME Flashback (Metacity) and GNOME Flashback (Compiz)?

I'm fine with that. Will change again in the next upload (3.8.1?).