Re: gnome-user-docs and gnome-getting-started-docs migrated to GitLab

On 2018-03-28 17:05, Shaun McCance wrote:
On Wed, 2018-03-28 at 16:29 +0200, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
At http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-user-docs/ there were handy
links to the released tarballs, and I have downloaded that way a
few times and then uploaded to Ubuntu.

So the somewhat stupid question would then be: How should I have
done instead? :)

Are you referring to the download links for tags?

No, no. I'm talking about links to correctly named tarball files for respective release, probably links to the FTP archive.

Those aren't actually the release tarballs. They're snapshots of what
you'd get with a `git clone`.

Right.

Release tarballs are made with `make distcheck` and uploaded to
ftp.gnome.org.

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-user-docs/

Ah, that's it. Thanks Shaun!

--