Re: gnome-user-docs and gnome-getting-started-docs migrated to GitLab

On Wed, 2018-03-28 at 16:29 +0200, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
On 2018-03-28 15:53, Petr Kovar wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 15:47:39 +0200
Where are the release tarballs made available now?

Nothing has changed in the way we release and deliver tarballs.
This
migration is just about the repo and issue tracker.

Ok, it's probably just me who didn't do it the right way.

At http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-user-docs/ there were handy
links
to the released tarballs, and I have downloaded that way a few times
and
then uploaded to Ubuntu.

So the somewhat stupid question would then be: How should I have
done
instead? :)

Are you referring to the download links for tags? Those aren't actually
the release tarballs. They're snapshots of what you'd get with a `git
clone`. Release tarballs are made with `make distcheck` and uploaded to
ftp.gnome.org.

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-user-docs/