Re: gnome-user-docs and gnome-getting-started-docs migrated to GitLab

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:29:37 +0200
Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj ubuntu com> wrote:

On 2018-03-28 15:53, Petr Kovar wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 15:47:39 +0200
Where are the release tarballs made available now?

Nothing has changed in the way we release and deliver tarballs. This
migration is just about the repo and issue tracker.

Ok, it's probably just me who didn't do it the right way.

At http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-user-docs/ there were handy links
to the released tarballs, and I have downloaded that way a few times and
then uploaded to Ubuntu.

So the somewhat stupid question would then be: How should I have done
instead? :)

The official tarballs are available from
https://download.gnome.org/core/3.28/3.28.0/sources/.

The tarballs from http://git.gnome.org/ were just snapshots generated with
git-archive, I believe. You can now get those from
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-user-docs/tags.

Cheers,
pk