Re: Proposal: GNOME Docs String Freeze

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 7:22 AM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
FWIW, I agree with Andre that it's better to have correct documentation
shipped than incorrect with translations.  I know this last cycle, I was
fixing bugs right up until the release, which I know can be frustrating for
translators, but we had some old bugs I could fix.

All of GNOME has bugs. With this proposal, you can still fix bugs at
any time in master but some bugfixes are just too late to be shipped
to stable distros immediately. I mean if a distro absolutely does not
care about translations, they are welcome to cherry-pick commits from
master or even ship git snapshots of master, but I doubt Ubuntu is the
only distro that will benefit from more completely translated user
help.

For instance, I do not intend to upload gnome-user-docs 3.24.2 to
Ubuntu 17.04. Although it fixes some bugs, it introduces regressions
in translations support for all but two languages. Ubuntu Stable
Release Update policy is that we try not to introduce new bugs into
stable Ubuntu releases.

Thanks,
Jeremy