Re: Proposal: GNOME Docs String Freeze

On 2017-05-30 23:10, Andre Klapper wrote:
My understanding is that the currently non-existing documentation string freeze is a result of missing (wo)manpower and the tight
release schedule. Assuming that any "late" changes are actual bug
fixes and not cosmetic changes (please correct me if I'm wrong), I'd
prefer correct documentation in English to incorrect (but translated)
documentation.

Due to a lack of manpower it will never be perfect, of course, and the later a change is made, the greater is the risk that all the translator teams won't catch up. But isn't it somewhat contradictory to ship 'translated' docs with strings which the translators have not even had a fair *chance* to translate?

I for one see Jeremy's proposal as a reasonable step in the right direction.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj