Re: Change .page, see result

On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 11:53 +0100, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
Hello Germán,
Thanks for the info. In order to be able to submit a patch, I
followed the instructions on the wiki, [1] . I installed Flatpak
(version 0.10.1) on Ubuntu 17.10, but I got stuck when trying to
download Builder (gnome-software message: Don't know how to handle
'file:///tmp/mozilla_hannie0/org.gnome.Builder-2.flatpakref'). I
will try to install jhbuild instead, according to 'Set up your
testing environment' [3] and see if that will allow me to submit
patches.

Hi Hannie,

I am very sorry that my pointers turned out to be more complex than I
anticipated. I believe I was not clear enough on what I meant.

Let us step back a bit and be sure we are on the same page (no pun
intended with respect to the subject of this thread).

My understanding is that you are already using git, and you have a
branch with your changes in the documentation. Therefore, you want to
know how to submit your changes in bugzilla.

Considering that, I meant to say that you should consider only the link
to submit a patch, not the previous steps about building a project
and/or installing Builder or jhbuild.

I realize that this mailing list is not a helpdesk, so if I am
asking too much help here, I apologize and I will stop asking
questions.

You found some roadblocks on your way, but please do not get
discouraged because of them. It may be an opportunity to improve our
documentation for newcomers ;-)

In my personal opinion, the only bad question is the question that is
never asked.

If you feel more comfortable, there is a mailing list especially
dedicated to newcomers: