Re: Proposal to make GnomeLove official and move it to developer.gnome.org

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:

Having multiple conflicting tutorials is confusing to new contributors,
and harmful when those two tutorials are incompatible.

Disclaimer: I am not a jhbuild beginner.

Please find an example other than jhbuild for harmful incompatible tutorials. Regardless of other documentation that existed when the HowDoI was created, it is actively updated as jhbuild changes by Ryan, a developer and contributor to jhbuild. It has proven ideal in a hackfest environment for all levels of user (although an intern at a hackfest can't be classified as a beginner either).

It's where I look to see what has changed with jhbuild since the last time I ran it, and is arguably the best source of information for other tutorials whose goal is to *not* conflict. It regularly achieves legitimacy by being replicated on developer.gnome.org, where it's cleverly concealed from beginners performing case-sensitive searches. It brings the perspective of multiple platforms.

Mike