Re: Proposal to make GnomeLove official and move it to developer.gnome.org

Hi Michael Hill,

Didn't you received private messages from newcomers overwhelmed with the different ways on how to contribute
a patch?
On how to do this or that in git?  On how to know the code style? On how to just get the code? Why I have to
read multiple tutorials?
Because I did. And guides of different kinds came up...

Also, did you see the questions of newcomers in gnome-love?
They ask those things.

And we, people helping, waste time figuring out their set up. Why are you developing the patch in master? Why
don't you create a branch? You just lose
all the work you have been doing... "oh but that guide told me...." yes I know, sorry for that, I didn't know
you were following that guide and not this other one.

I feel heartbreaked every time a newcomer says to me this is too much trouble and confusing. They just want a
unique short guide to hack their firsts patches.

I am not testing only how a beginner person that came to a hackfest, given a tutorial on jhbuild and fedora
distro, how it successfully builds.
This is only the tip of the iceberg. Jhbuild is just a a part of a tool for something much bigger.
Discovering and contributing to Gnome.

Cheers,
Carlos Soriano