Re: What's the plan for the user guide?

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 16:06 -0500, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> On 2/4/06, karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > Has anybody asked the copyright holders if they wouldn't mind releasing
> > under a new license ? I don't see what SUN would gain from refusing. We
> > could maybe ask them through their people who work on GNOME... Who else
> > holds copyright on this ?
> >
> Why don't we ask Sun? I can provide emails of people in Sun's doc team
> (they also used to have an email alias for the whole doc team - not
> sure if it still works). I expect they still read this list but mostly
> they are quiet here.

Unfortunately, the docs team who worked on GNOME are at Sun were
long-term contractors, so none of them are here any more (bar their
manager).  So as they're all off working on other projects now, they're
probably not keeping up with GNOME developments.

First point of contact to ask about the copyright issues would probably
be Dee, the aformentioned manager who's still here and sitting right
next to me :)  If you have her email address, feel free to contact her,
or I can try and summarise the issues and pass them on.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group