Re: What's the plan for the user guide?

On 2/4/06, karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:

> Has anybody asked the copyright holders if they wouldn't mind releasing
> under a new license ? I don't see what SUN would gain from refusing. We
> could maybe ask them through their people who work on GNOME... Who else
> holds copyright on this ?

Why don't we ask Sun? I can provide emails of people in Sun's doc team
(they also used to have an email alias for the whole doc team - not
sure if it still works). I expect they still read this list but mostly
they are quiet here.

For the record, so far no one ever asked me about relicensing (I am
not among the authors of user guide, but I am an author of various
other gnome documents, such as GNOME terminal  manual, bug buddy etc)

Sasha