Re: What's the plan for the user guide?

I am very strongly opposed to changing the license of Gnome Documentation.

I have very little compassion to the Debian hypocrites that had to think of a stupid and erroneous reason to be against GFDL.

If a part of Debian developers had to think of a reason to be teenagely socially-destructive - that is their problem and theirs alone. It is an outrage and utter stupidity to rate GFDL manuals the same as the non-free programs Debian ships (in the non-free section, and I do not accept the pretense that the non-free section is not a part of Debian).

If we agree that this reason to change the licenses is moot, all the rest reasons mentioned here - http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject_2fTasks are of very dubious standing. I am opposed to changing the license.

The problem that some Debian developers have - that they consider repackaging the documentation an additional burden - should be solved by them as it was self-inflicted and *not* by blackmailing other projects to change the free license of their documentation.

Best regards:
al_shopov