Re: Looking for the original of the Spanish gnome-user-guide translation

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 02:17:56AM +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> C/part1.xml:
> <part id="part1-1">
> <title>A Tour of the GNOME Desktop</title>
> &gosbasic;
> </part>

  That cannot be parsed as an XML document. But is fine as an external
parsed entities.

> I/O warning : failed to load external entity "C/part1.xml"
> Error: cannot open file 'C/part1.xml'.
[...]
> I certainly hope I'm missing on a simple feature of libxml2 to allow
> entities to be kept in the DOM tree even if they're not declared, but
> I'm not holding my breath.

  You're asking an XML parser to parse something which is not XML.
Result : it fails ! Not negociable.
Use XInclude for chunking instead of using external parsed entities,
this is the only reliable solution. Shaunm knows that that's why
he is switching to use XInclude for compound documents.
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude

Daniel