Re: Looking for the original of the Spanish gnome-user-guide translation

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 04:05, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Today at 8:56, Keith Sharp wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 13:42 +0200, Ismael Olea wrote:
> >> I'm looking for the original files of the EN gnome-user-guide used to
> >> translate it into Spanish.
> >>
> >> Looking the cvs[1], the ES version was uploaded by mlei but after
> >> googling some time didn't have the luck of find his/her email. There is
> >> no Changelog there, so I have no info neither seems to run the
> >> @cvs.gnome.org redirections.
> >>
> >> Could anybody give me a clue about this, please?
> >
> > If I understand correctly you are looking for the original English (US)
> > version of the GNOME User Guide source files?  If so try:
> >
> > http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-user-docs/gnome2-user-guide/C/
> >
> > For some reason English (US) originals are always put in the "C" locale.
> > Something to do with POSIX I think.
>
> I believe Ismael is looking for version on which Spanish translation
> was actually based on (to use with xml2po I suppose).  Using "cvs co
> -D 'year-month-day' gnome-user-docs/gnome2-user-guide/C" *might* help,
> if one knows the date Spanish translation was branched off.
>
> It would be best if Ismael could really track "mlei" down, but I
> believe this documentation came from Sun Doc team.  Perhaps it really
> is the best to make use of date in the translation.

I don't think the dates are lining up quite right.  The es translation
was added on June 30, 2003.  Just going by date, one would suppose it's
revision 1.10 of C/user-guide.xml.  But the manrevision doesn't match up
between 1.10 and the es translation.

Going by manrevision alone, it would appear to be based off of 1.6, 1.7,
or 1.8 of C/user-guide.xml, which come from October-November of 2002.
It seems that releases weren't being tagged then either, which makes
things more difficult.

Would this be a good time to mention that xml2po rocks my world?

--
Shaun