Re: Looking for the original of the Spanish gnome-user-guide translation

Today at 8:56, Keith Sharp wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 13:42 +0200, Ismael Olea wrote:
>> I'm looking for the original files of the EN gnome-user-guide used to
>> translate it into Spanish.
>>
>> Looking the cvs[1], the ES version was uploaded by mlei but after
>> googling some time didn't have the luck of find his/her email. There is
>> no Changelog there, so I have no info neither seems to run the
>> @cvs.gnome.org redirections.
>>
>> Could anybody give me a clue about this, please?
>
> If I understand correctly you are looking for the original English (US)
> version of the GNOME User Guide source files?  If so try:
>
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-user-docs/gnome2-user-guide/C/
>
> For some reason English (US) originals are always put in the "C" locale.
> Something to do with POSIX I think.

I believe Ismael is looking for version on which Spanish translation
was actually based on (to use with xml2po I suppose).  Using "cvs co
-D 'year-month-day' gnome-user-docs/gnome2-user-guide/C" *might* help,
if one knows the date Spanish translation was branched off.

It would be best if Ismael could really track "mlei" down, but I
believe this documentation came from Sun Doc team.  Perhaps it really
is the best to make use of date in the translation.

Cheers,
Danilo