Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] Re: converting omf files

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 14:52, John Fleck wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 16:19, David Merrill wrote:.
> > >
> > > I've been looking all over the sk site(s) and still have yet to figure
> > > out what the differences are. Where is this documented, and are there
> > > pointers to examples?
> >
> > http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/documentation/writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files/
> >
> > and there is an example in that same document. I'm just working
> > through it myself. If you have time, do you want to take over this
> > issue though? I'm rather harried and being pulled in too many
> > directions.
> >

> Unfortunately, the web page David points to above is out of date. Dan
> hasn't updated the documentation yet to match the DTD, so the only place
> the new format is documented in the DTD itself, I believe. It's in the
> tarball at extract/dtds/scrollkeeper-omf.dtd.
>
> I think Dan's swamped and needs help with stuff like this. If no one
> else does soon, I'm planning on jumping in and rewriting that
> documentation, as we need this for the upcoming GNOME release. I'll also
> take a look at db2omf and see if it's within my modest skills to change
> that as well.

OK, it looks as though the "writing_scrollkeeper_omf_files.xml in
ScrollKeeper cvs is more up-to-date than the version on the web site at
the URL above.

The "minimal OMF file" and "complete OMF file" examples in the cvs
version of the doc validate, with the exception of the "id" attribute of
the "version" tag, which should be "identifier". I'll file a bug, and
perhaps when Dan surfaces he can do whatever magic is necessary to get
the web site version of the doc updated.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner