Re: converting omf files

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 06:56:43AM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 07:18, David Merrill wrote:
> > On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 03:06:10AM -0700, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> > > John,
> > > I went thru this evening and updated the gnome-games omf files to be in
> > > the same format as the document you mentioned below (in the writing omf
> > > files doc).
> >
> > We have a utility called db2omf that extracts omf data from docbook
> > files. I don't know if you already have seen it and decided it wasn't
> > useful for you or didn't meet your needs, but just in case I thought I
> > would mention it. It might alleviate the drudge work of maintaining
> > your omf files manually.
> >

> Cool. I forgot about that. Has it been updated to reflect the changed
> omf file format in 0.3.8?

I don't think so, no. But it shouldn't be too hard to do that. It is
really a simple program.

> Remind me where I get it.

It is in the LDP cvs. I am just putting our utilities up for download.
Check the "Downloads" link on our home page and it should be there
today. I'm going to go tar it up and post it right now. But I have to
also write a man page and other stuff like that to make it properly
packagable.

I won't do the update to the new format. I'm just swamped with work.
But if you do update it, please send me the revised version so I can
diff it and update our version.

Thanks,

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

Let there be beauty and strength,
Power and compassion,
Honor and humility,
Mirth and reverence within you.
		-- from The Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente