Re: Style Guide Word List: Filename / File name (was Re: Style guide feedback)
- From: "Rebecca J. Walter" <rjp mail tele dk>
- To: Eugene O'Connor <eugene oconnor sun com>
- Cc: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>, gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Style Guide Word List: Filename / File name (was Re: Style guide feedback)
- Date: 20 Dec 2001 10:24:22 +0100
On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 20:57, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> Hello all,
> I don't think we need to retain the term "file name". The term
> "filename" is far enough along the evolutionary trend to the solid form
> for us to use it in the solid form also. I think the same also applies
> to the term "user name", which also appears in the Word List.
> Next time I update the Word List, I'll delete the terms "file name" and
> "user name" and update "filename" and "username".
> Thanks for raising this Darin.
*bex runs away screaming
sorry. my opinion is that just because a bunch of people do it wrong
doesn't mean that you should standardize doing it wrong.
but most people will probably disagree with me. i just felt compelled
to complain once.
] [Thread Prev