Re: Style guide feedback

On 12/11/01 8:01 AM, "John Fleck" <jfleck inkstain net> wrote:

> [1]"filename" and "file name" are a special illustrative case, where
> the style guide allows both, making clear distinctions between when
> each should be used for important reasons.

I read the style guide, and I'm an experienced programmer. I didn't
understand that there was a distinction between filename and file name. I
thought the dual entries were an editorial mistake. I still don't understand
the distinction, and I can't imagine that it's a good idea to try to have
two almost identical terms mean two different things. The important reasons
you speak of are opaque to me.

    -- Darin