Re: Use local lang file

On sab, 2007-01-06 at 13:47 +0100, Thomas Dybdahl Ahle wrote:
> Okay, I read this thread:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2006-June/msg00092.html
> and the problems seems to be in the bindings. I've filled a bugreport.

I don't think it's exactly the same issue, but yes, it's a problem with
the bindings: the property holds a GSList of directories, so the python
bindings need to convert the GSList into a python list. This is easily
done when for getters and setters functions and in fact the
gtksourceview.LanguagesManager.get_lang_files_dirs() method handles it
fine. However I have no idea how to do the same for construct
properties.

> I can't wait for everybody to get the latest version though, so could
> there be other possibilities? Like would it be able to put the lang file
> to some /home dir? like /home/user/.gtksourceview?

You can put it in /home/user/.gnome2/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs,
though obviously that will also add the lang file to gedit and all the
other programs using gtksourceview.
Another hack would be to set the XDG_DATA_DIRS env var in your program
since gtksourceview looks for files in
$XDG_DATA_DIRS/gtksourceview/language-specs

ciao
	Paolo