Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Magnatune catalog/purchasing plugin

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 18:50 -0700, Adam Zimmerman wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/adam/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/magnatune.py", line 75, in
> activate    self.source = gobject.new (MagnatuneSource, shell=shell,
> name=_("Magnatune"), entry_type=self.entry_type)
> TypeError: could not convert value for property `entry_type' from
> rhythmdb.EntryType to gpointer

After some discussion with PyGTK people, I've found out that python
can't deal with G_TYPE_POINTER derived types properly, which included
anything related gobject properties.

I've just converted RhythmDBEntry and RhythmDBEntryType to be boxed
types, which allows Python to use them. By changing
"rhythmdb.rhythmdb_register_entry_type" to
"rhythmdb.register_entry_type" in the last patch you posted, it seems to
work now.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Every time I look at my speedometer, I get lost!"
    -- Heisenberg's Automotive Lament