Re: [Anjuta-devel] Anjuta2 hacky build script

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 21:01, Etay Meiri wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 10:59, Andy Piper wrote:
> > Specifically, it is using pkgconfig to search for these packages, so you
> > will need to have libgnomeprintui-2.0.pc available:
> >
> > $ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeprintui-2.0.pc
> > libgnomeprintui-devel-1.116.0-1
> >
> > So, oddly enough the libgnomeprint-1.116 packages include the
> > libgnomeprint-2.0 stuff... go figure!
> >
> > You will probably find that many of the -devel packages are not
> > installed by default. When I built Anjuta2, I went round a whole cycle
> > of:
> > - configure fails
> > - identify package / library
> > - $ locate libwibble-2.0.so
> > - $ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libwibble-2.0.so
> > - $ apt-get install libwibble-devel
> >
> > (yep, I'm running apt for RPM on my box, it made it so much easier :-)
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >

> I installed the devel packages as well and got the same results.
> I finally solved the problem by downloading the entire set of
> tarballs from the 2.0.2 release, compiling it and installing it
> locally in my home directory (while still running the gnome desktop
> that came with RH). After that I was able to compile Anjuta2.
> Moving on. Now when I run it I get the following error:
> Document manager: failed to make temp file - consider installing
> glimmer from CVS. No available bonobo objects to open this file.
> When Anjuta2 loads it doesn't respond to create project commands.

You probably have installed glimmer and anjuta2 in a prefix other than
/usr. Bonobo activation cannot find the glimmer control atm. You need to
tell bonobo-activation where to look for the glimmer control.

You can do this by editting
/etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml and adding an <item>
tag in there:

<searchpath>
    <item>/home/jeroen/Projects/build/lib/bonobo/servers/</item>
</searchpath>

Then either reboot or:

killall bonobo-activation-server
bonobo-slay

Anjuta2 should load the glimmer control fine now.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen