Re: [Anjuta-devel] Anjuta2 hacky build script

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 09:51, Etay Meiri wrote:
> The following packages are installed on my box:
> libgnomeprint-1.116.0-2
> libgnomeprintui-1.116.0-1
>
> Both from RH-8 CD.
>
> What is this libgnomeprint-2.0 the config script is
> looking for? aren't the packages from RH-8 the
> latest ones?

Specifically, it is using pkgconfig to search for these packages, so you
will need to have libgnomeprintui-2.0.pc available:

$ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeprintui-2.0.pc
libgnomeprintui-devel-1.116.0-1

So, oddly enough the libgnomeprint-1.116 packages include the
libgnomeprint-2.0 stuff... go figure!

You will probably find that many of the -devel packages are not
installed by default. When I built Anjuta2, I went round a whole cycle
of:
- configure fails
- identify package / library
- $ locate libwibble-2.0.so
- $ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libwibble-2.0.so
- $ apt-get install libwibble-devel

(yep, I'm running apt for RPM on my box, it made it so much easier :-)

Hope that helps.

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy piper freeuk com