Anjuta2 hacky build script

Attached is a simple bash script which should build the required CVS
modules for a basic working Anjuta2 installation. I don't know for
certain that it does this, as I've got a couple of issues with RH8.0 and
current CVS glimmer right now!

The idea is that this should (!) help beginners to get moving.

Based on the information at
http://primates.ximian.com/~dave/misc/hacking-anjuta2.html

You need to 'cvs co' the relevant modules, copy this script into the
same directory as the source directories, and run it (as root, in order
for the 'make install' steps to work).

In the longer term we need to get snapshots out there, and probably to
use something more sophisticated for builds such as GAR, or at least a
sensible top-level makefile which builds all 5 modules incrementally and
not en-masse.

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy piper freeuk com
http://www.andypiper.co.uk/
#!/bin/sh
#
# script to build the anjuta2 components
# Andy Piper <andy piper freeuk com>
# 22/10/2002 - version 0.1 - initial release
#
# run in a directory which contains CVS checkouts of the
# required components
#
# USE AT YOUR OWN RISK: requires root privileges in order
# to install the code after the build
#

# script variables
#
ROOT_UID=0
# directory to which logs will be written
LOGDIR=`pwd`/logs
# the modules to build - IN BUILD ORDER
MODULES='gdl gtksourceview glimmer gnome-build anjuta2'

# need to be root in order to 'make install' later
#
if [ "$UID" -ne "$ROOT_UID" ]
then
  echo "You must be root to run this script."
  echo "This is because files will be installed to system locations."
  exit 1
fi

# logging
#
if [ ! -d $LOGDIR ]
then
  mkdir -p $LOGDIR
fi
echo "Logs will be written to $LOGDIR"

# clean up existing logfiles
rm -f $LOGDIR/*.log

# now build each module in turn
#
for i in $MODULES
do
  echo "Building $i..."
  cd $i
  ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr >$LOGDIR/$i.config.log 2>&1
  make >$LOGDIR/$i.build.log 2>&1
  make install >$LOGDIR/$i.install.log 2>&1
  cd ..
done

# report completion
echo "Build of the Anjuta2 components completed."
echo "Check the contents of $LOGDIR"
echo "to view the status of each module."
echo "Note that some modules may have successfully compiled"
echo "and been installed, while others were not."

# end