Re: [Anjuta-devel] Anjuta2 hacky build script

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 10:59, Andy Piper wrote:
> Specifically, it is using pkgconfig to search for these packages, so you
> will need to have libgnomeprintui-2.0.pc available:
>
> $ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeprintui-2.0.pc
> libgnomeprintui-devel-1.116.0-1
>
> So, oddly enough the libgnomeprint-1.116 packages include the
> libgnomeprint-2.0 stuff... go figure!
>
> You will probably find that many of the -devel packages are not
> installed by default. When I built Anjuta2, I went round a whole cycle
> of:
> - configure fails
> - identify package / library
> - $ locate libwibble-2.0.so
> - $ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libwibble-2.0.so
> - $ apt-get install libwibble-devel
>
> (yep, I'm running apt for RPM on my box, it made it so much easier :-)
>
> Hope that helps.

I installed the devel packages as well and got the same results.
I finally solved the problem by downloading the entire set of
tarballs from the 2.0.2 release, compiling it and installing it
locally in my home directory (while still running the gnome desktop
that came with RH). After that I was able to compile Anjuta2.
Moving on. Now when I run it I get the following error:
Document manager: failed to make temp file - consider installing
glimmer from CVS. No available bonobo objects to open this file.
When Anjuta2 loads it doesn't respond to create project commands.

Glimmer and the rest of the modules from Andy's script are indeed
from CVS.

Any idea?

Etay Meiri
etay-m bezeqint net